Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Hear Christmas Songs



I was playing Civilization III on my computer but listening to the TV in the background, ice skating. After a while, I realized the music was Christmas music, the first I've heard this year. I love Christmas music. Two of my favorites, one religious, one secular are these two that follow. John Berry who is singing O Holy Night has eyes like John, just not quite as green and Jon Bon Jovi is such a delight (hmm, he also resembles ...) so I am posting his version of my favorite tune, Blue Christmas. I usually prefer Elvis' version of the song.


I usually wait until a week or so before Christmas before putting up ornaments, etc., but now I've gone and gotten in the mood. :) Before you know it, I'll be up to my elbows in Nut Bread dough.

Some of the greatest gifts God gave retired people are computers (to stay in touch with friends free), television (to watch the hunk of the month, uh ... I meant movie of the month and enough free time to enjoy both.

I saw all my favorite shows this week on television including The Mentalist with Simon Baker. I was distressed to learn that Simon Baker is thought to be gay by 63% of people although he is married with three kids. I'm not down on gays but I don't lean in that direction. Whatever, he's still good looking and 'hot.' Simon Baker has signed a Mind Blowing $30 Million Contract with Warner Brothers for his role of Patrick Jane on CBS’ Hit Series ‘The Mentalist’. This amount guarantees the Austrailian Actor $430,000 an episode. As if his paycheck is not enough, Baker will also be now credited as Producer when the 5th Season begins. Additionally, he will receive back end profits from Repeat episodes on TNT network. Nice going Mr. Baker (also known as Simon Denney).

Speaking of hot, my latest infatuation is the guy who plays E. J. DeMeara on Days of Our Lives. Whooeeee!

Oh My!

I had a wonderful holiday with my daughter and all four grandsons. First time we've all been together for years and the very first time at my place with Jayne's husband also in attendance. We had a huge dinner. There are enough left overs to feed me for a week or so. My favorite dish was the sweet potato recipe. They all left today but Jayne stopped in and told me good bye. The three older boys will go back to Iowa City soon, they go to the university there. We'll probably get together again at Christmas.

I don't know what caused Jayne's change of heart but believe God answered my prayers, been praying for years to heal our relationship. John's post today reminded me that we have to wait for God's time for His timing and purposes are correct.

Bible, Books and Brides

Jayne took some good photos. She will unload them from her camera and send them to me by eMail. I'll post some later. I was happy to see that I look so much better physically. This time last year, I was at death's door and started my dialysis. I was very overwhelmed at first and I've had five surgeries and two pneumonias in the past year but here I still am. :) Praise God from whom all blessings flow. And, thank you to so many dear friends who prayed for me and encouraged me. John, I don't think I could have done it without your encouragement. You all have no idea how you helped me hold on. Thank you much.

And, as always,
















3 comments:

  1. Oh Ms Iva, your holiday sounds wonderful. I'm thankful you're having better days. As far as Simon and EJ, eye candy for sure. I would hope a new character would come in for EJ. he could so better. Stay warm and steady your steps.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Praise God for your improved health, your lovely visit with family, for gorgeous men and for Jesus, the reason for the season. I always say that I think it is my duty to really enjoy and appreciate ALL of God's creation and since men are a wonderful part of that, I do enjoy. ;)

    I never thought Simon was gay but my "gaydar" (as my sister calls it) is not very fine-tuned, as you well know... he he I am glad he is doing so well in show biz. There are some actors who make a boatload of money and I find very little to commend them, such as Charlie Sheen for one :(

    I love Christmas music. However, last week my friend and I were assaulted by the worst possible renditions of christmas music in the Walmart. We couldn't wait to get out of there.. lol

    So glad you are doing better and don't forget, I would love some of that infamous Nut Bread. Shhh, maybe you can sneak me some. Surely "you know who" wouldn't miss a teensy weensy loaf?

    Blessings to you dear friend,
    Elaine \o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that post, Iva. Is John Berry still singing. Seems I remember he had a brain tumor something. He has a great voice.

    I agree that E.J. is super HOT! Wow and wow! :) I can't seem to mind he's been guilty of several felonies and numerous adulteries. Such is the lot of gorgeous hunks I guess.

    Can you imagine making $400 thousand dollars a week like Simon Baker? That seems so unreal to me. He needs to pay his fair share of taxes. lol

    ReplyDelete